Our industries enjoy one of Maryland's best business locations. Strategically located, we are in direct reach of all Eastern seaboard markets and just a few hours from the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. Proud of our positive business climates, we appreciate our local businesses and respond to their needs. Tax rates are reasonable. Unique financing is available. Our work force is productive and they have a heritage of self-reliance and pride that is reflected in their work.
But Somerset County is more than a wise place to do business. It is also a wonderful place to live. A welcomed departure from metropolitan areas, our picturesque farmlands, charming villages and historic homes provide for gracious living. Over six hundred miles of shoreline along the magnificent Chesapeake Bay make our county a waterlover's paradise. There is unsurpassed fishing, boating and hunting--not to mention the pleasure of dining on the Bay's catch.
- UMD UAS Test Site First Launch (Crisfield-Somerset County Airport) (12/5/14)
- Medical marijuana firm eyes Somerset (10/14/15)
- MEDA Launches Rural Economic Development Session- Lower Eastern Shore (11/19/15)
- Small Business Saturday- Princess Anne (11/28/15)
- Small Business Saturday- Crisfield (11/28/15)